At the turn of 2018, Unikrn had just finished building the foundations of our community platform. We celebrated New Year’s Eve 2019 with our first work alongside Bittrex. Our customers are all earning tokens for playing games that they know and love, and we’re giving them multiple ways to redeem them on the platform.
In December, we launched UMode, a skill-based betting experience currently for MOBAs and Battle Royales. Within a month we generated users from almost every market we opened up, all without a dime of advertising.
Our product will generate some good traction for us in 2019 because of the astonishing progress Unikrn made. Our features are better. Our technology is industry-leading. We continue to build strong partners. Our staff is truly top-of-the-industry. Our mission is the same: make the best esports and gaming experience possible, and expand the boundaries of what gaming, esports, blockchain and wagering can be.
Unikrn is in unexplored space, and we are defining it in our wake. Soon, esports and gaming fans will see their world in our vision, because we are building a platform solely with them in mind.
We achieved so much in 2018, an exhaustive list would be difficult to achieve (and too long to read), but here’s some of our proudest moments!
- Became the first esports betting company to be cleared to roll out a multi-regional esportsbook betting product for fiat and crypto by the Isle of Man, this is just the start of our license
- Activated our blockchain-based proprietary Back-end wagering platform, with fully automated AML, KYC and auditing, currency agnostic with resolution capacity at over 9,000 bets per second
- Redesigned the full Unikrn customer user experience and user interface for multiple products, including an intuitive home page
- Launched unprecedented, patent-pending skill betting product readily accessible in markets around the world, including in the United States
- Begun to tap the world’s most popular multiplayer game, Fortnite, by adding it to Connekt and now UMode with two markets (win or finish in top 10 for Battle Royale mode)
- Created more detailed games pages, statistics reads, live betting and extended markets to put us at the peak of our field
- Launched Esports Bingo, a singular second-screen experience utilizing real-time esports events to create an engaging game of chance for gamers.
- Optimized for user-friendliness with a wallet redesign taking the complication out of using crypto or cash on our site, including co-developing an interface with Bittrex that makes buying UKG easy directly accessible from our website
- Built out one of the most impactful, cost-effective content production teams in the industry, which regularly reached over a million potential customers a month through organic sharing in the last half of 2018
- We built and own a significant stake in Berlin International Gaming (BIG), one of the top CSGO teams in the world.
- Our technology is helping to power Palladium, a future European Bank and Crypto exchange, to which we own a significant stake in along with Bittrex
- Inspired and created one of the most ambitious esports tournaments in CS:GO, and we did so in partnership with all participating teams. United Master’s League far leads all tournaments of comparable scale.
- In the first months, UML reached 1.9M views with 5-days-a-week broadcasts and is broadcast in 5 European languages.
- Acquired a significant stake in Maingear Computers, the best Gaming PC maker on earth.
- We acquired ChallengeMe and we now have the technology to run our own online tournaments with prizes and a captive audience.
Unikrn will be half a decade old this year, which is an esports eternity. That’s 10 League of Legends seasons, over 20 Dota 2 majors/TIs and 13 CS:GO majors!
By the time we officially turn five, esports viewership is projected to be more than double it was when we began.
I’m starting this year grateful to have the entire Unikrn team excited to heighten the experiences of esports and gaming like no one else has been able to do. In 2019 the full-bodied Unikrn experience will rapidly shape the culture of esports and gaming.
Thanks for joining us!